After the sad funeral and reincarnation as Note Fan Edition, the Note 7 experienced some daylight. With frequent battery explosions, the Note 7 was rolled back last year and was replaced with another unit. But as we know, things didn’t go as planned for Samsung and the replacement also faced the same issue and exploded resulting in a total recall. Later this year, Samsung rebranded the Note 7 as Note Fan edition by adding a smaller capacity battery. But all this will go down the lane as the company is ready to launch their flagship phone for the year 2017- Note 8 in New York.
Way ahead of the launch, the final specifications of the Note 8 have been leaked and they look genuine and promising. Evan Blass from venturebeat.com recently tweeted the final production unit on his Twitter handle @evleaks where he also posted the final specs as mentioned below.
Specs and news
– 6.3in 3840×2160 Super AMOLED curved Infinity Display with 18.5:9 ratio
– S Pen support – 162.5mmx74.6mmx8.5mm
– Improved iris scanner – Screen embedded fingerprint scanner
– Built-in ‘Bixby’ AI assistant
– Samsung Exynos 8895 CPU (or Snapdragon 835 in the US), 6GB RAM
– 12MP dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
– USB-C connectivity, 3.5mm headphone jack
– Android 7.0 Nougat
– IP68 certification
– 64GB built-in storage, microSD expansion
– 3,300mAh battery.
– Fast charging, wireless charging support
– Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue colour options.
The final leaked specifications of the upcoming Note 8 look promising and competitive; our only concerns are the weirdly faced fingerprint sensor and the inbuilt battery. The Note 8 will be launched on 23 August at a press event in New York and is expected to start shipping in early September. For the price, it is expected to dig a deep hole in your pocket at around 1000 to 1100$ or ₹ 65 to 68k.